Mexican Smothered Chicken Thighs Recipe*
1 serving equals 301 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 802 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds), skin removed
- 3 tablespoons Daily Chef 100% Pure Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, seasoned salt, salt and pepper. Place milk in a separate shallow bowl. Coat chicken with flour mixture, then dip in milk and coat again with flour mixture.
In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
In the same skillet, saute onion and jalapenos until tender. Add the tomato sauce, water and spices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Pour over chicken.
Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
You'll also love
- Moroccan Chickpea Soup 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Shrimp Stir Fry 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Southern Bacon Tomato Quiche 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- White Bean and Bacon Dip with... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Cheddar Barbeque Chicken Breasts 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Cambodian Stuffed Chicken Wings 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Braised Chicken Thighs with Tomato... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)