Sweet and Spicy Glazed Chicken
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tbsp snipped fresh cilantro
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 34mins
1. Place jam in small batter bowl. Microwave on hight 30-40 seconds or until melted; add lime juice and jalapeno pepper. Whisk until well blende, set gaze aside.
2. Combine chili powder and salt. Flatten chicken to an even thickness using flat side of meat tenderizer. Rub garlic over chicken; sprinkle evenly with chili powder mixture.
3. Heat 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat unitl hot. Lightly spray skillet with non stick cooking spray. Add chicken to skillet. Cook 5-7 minutes, turn. Cook an additional 5-7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center,brushing evenly with glaze then sprinkle with cilantro.