- 3/4 pound beef top round steak
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 potatoes,cut in chunks
- 4 carrots, cut in chunks
- 1 (5.5 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1/2 cup diced canned tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
Cut steak into two pieces; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Using a mallet, pound flour into the meat. In a large skillet. brown meat in oil on both sides.
Transfer to a shallow t-qt. baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Add carrots and potatoes.
In the same skillet. saute onion in drippings until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour over meat.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 1-1/2 hours or until tender.