Flourless German Chocolate Cake Cookies
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 3 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from realsimple.com
Heat oven to 325 with the racks in the upper and lower thirds.
Whisk together the powdered sugar, cocoa powder and salt in a medium bowl. Add the chopped pecans, egg whites, condensed milk and vanilla extract and mix until just combined. Fold in the coconut and chocolate chips.
Drop 2 heaping tablespoonfuls of the dough 2 inches apart onto parchment paper covered baking sheets.
Bake, in batches, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until firm around the edges, 18 to 22 minutes. Cool slightly on the baking sheets, then serve warm or transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keep the cookies at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days.