Spicy Grilled Shrimp with Quinoa Salad
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 10 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped and divided
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 pound)
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup canned organic chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup diced peeled avocado
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Preheat grill to high heat.
2. Combine 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, black pepper, hot sauce, paprika, and 2 garlic cloves in a medium bowl. Add shrimp; toss well. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
3. Rinse and drain quinoa. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Add remaining 2 garlic cloves and quinoa; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 13 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Cool. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and honey in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add quinoa mixture, tomatoes, chickpeas, avocado, and cheese; toss gently.
4. Remove shrimp from bowl; discard marinade. Sprinkle shrimp with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Thread 3 shrimp onto each of 8 (6-inch) skewers. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 2 minutes on each side or until done.
5. Divide quinoa mixture evenly among 4 plates. Top each serving with 2 skewers. Garnish with cilantro.