No Cream Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 1 cup chopped carrots about 2 medium
- 1 cup chopped celery about 2 stalks
- 3/4 cup chopped onions about 1 medium
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 14 1/2-ounce cans fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 1/2 cups broccoli florets about 2 small bunches
- 1/2 cup instant white rice uncooked
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from kraftrecipes.com
COOK and stir carrots, celery and onions in hot oil in large saucepan on medium-high heat 5 min. Add broth and pepper; stir. Bring to boil.
STIR in broccoli and rice. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 to 15 min. or until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently.
ADD soup, in batches, to blender or food processor; cover. Blend until pureed. Return soup puree to saucepan. Add milk and cheese; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Kraft Kitchens Tips
Substitute 4 cups frozen or drained canned peas, chopped asparagus or chopped leeks for the broccoli.