Chicken - Crockpot Orange
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced about 1/2-inch thick
- 2 large red or green bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 8 ounces orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups Mandarin orange segments or fresh orange segments
- 2 Green onions, chopped
- hot cooked rice
Adapted from examiner.com
Put carrots, peppers, garlic, then the chicken, ginger, salt, pepper & frozen orange juice in Crockpot. Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours. Serve chicken on hot cooked rice on platter. Top with orange segments and green onions. Serve chicken liquid in gravy boat, if desired.
Rachael's Recipe Notes:
I like to make some stir fry Chinese veggies to go with this. I use Napa cabbage, baby corn, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and broccoli.