Brussels sprout and bacon hash
Prep 12 mins. Cook 30 mins. serves 4
307 cal, 16g fat (4g sat), 223mg chol, 6g fiber, 16g protein, 28g carb, 618mg sodium
- 2 med Yukon gold potatoes (about 10oz) scrubbed, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp white balsamic
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp veg oil (olive oil can be sub)
- 1 med onion finely chopped
- 2 large cloves of garlic minced
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts quartered lengthwise
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 4 lg eggs
Place potatoes in large saucepan and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil over med high heat. Reduce to medium heat and cook until potatoes are fork tender, about 7 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
Fill saucepan 3/4 full of water. Add 1 tbsp vinegar, bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce to medium to maintain simmer.
Cook bacon in a 12 inch skillet over medium high heat until crisp, turning as needed about 10 minutes total. Transfer to paper towel lined plate, when cool crumble.
Add 1 tbsp oil to skillet increase heat to medium high. Spread potatoes and onion in a single layer and cook, undisturbed until golden on one side about 3 minutes. Toss and cook 3 minutes longer. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Season generously with salt and pepper, transfer to plate with bacon. Add remaining 2 tsp oil and brussels sprout to skillet, saute 2 minutes. Add broth cover and cook until tender, about 5 minutes longer. Stir in remaining 1 tbsp vinegar. Return potato mixture and bacon to skillet, season with salt and pepper to taste.
Crack each egg into small cup. Gently tip each egg into simmering water in saucepan. Turn off heat, cover pan and let sit until eggs are set, about 3 minutes. (4 to 5 minutes for a firmer yolk). Using a slotted spoon, transfer eggs to paper towel lined plate.
Divide hash among 4 plates, top with egg, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (704 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (666 Votes)
- Bacon Cheddar Potato Cakes 4.5/5 (273 Votes)
- Bacon Breakfast Enchiladas 4.4/5 (230 Votes)
- Potato & Bacon Potato Salad 4.5/5 (218 Votes)