CREAM CHEESE CHOCOLATE SWIRL COOKIES
- 1/2 sugar
- 1/2 packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted and slightly cooled
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a mixing bowl, combine sugars, butter, cream cheese, egg and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat low speed until soft dough forms. Fold melted chocolate into dough resulting in a marbled look. Make sure not to over mix.
3. Drop by heaping teaspoons 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until edges are light golden brown. Cool completely before storing.