Pear or Apple Pie
- 2 pie crusts
- 1/2 cup white sugar (plus bit more for sprinkling)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or more to taste)
- 5 cups peeled and sliced pears or apples (honeycrisp or similar) (about 5 fruits)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Adapted from Allrecipes.com
Place base crust in pan, prick with fork all over, and dot with 1/4 T butter, then sprinkle with some sugar.
Combine sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, lemon zest & juice and fruit in mixing bowl, then place atop crust and dot with remaining butter. Sprinkle with 1t lemon juice. Roll out remaining dough; cut slits for escape of steam, or create lattice top. Moisten rim of bottom crust. Place top crust over filling. Fold edge under bottom crust, pressing to seal. Flute edge.
Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees, (add crust shield) and bake for an additional 35 to 40 minutes.