Corn with Mushrooms and Lemon
This recipe is from food and wine magazine.
- 6 medium dried shitake mushroom caps
- boiling water
- 10 ears white corn, shucked (fresh is best, but can use white corn canned)
- 2 tbs evoo
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- salt black pepper
Preparation time 12mins
Cooking time 40mins
In a bowl, cover the shitake with boiling water and let stand for about 15 mins.
In a large bowl, grate 5 ears of corn all of the way down to the cob. With the last 5 ears use a serrated knife and cut the rest of the corn off of the cob. Scrape the juices and leftover kernels off in the cob.
Drain and mince the shitake. In a saucepan, heat the oil. Add the shallots, garlic and shitake and cook over low heat. Stir occasionally, until very soft, about 10 mins. Increase the heat to high and when the oil sizzles, add the corn and its juices. Cook and stir until the corn is thick and shiny, about 3 mins. Add the lemon zest and juice, season with salt and pepper. Serve.
You'll also love
- Garlic chicken wings 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 12 Clove Garlic Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom salsa chili 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Quick Applesauce - no added sugar 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Desserts: Apple Dumplings 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Acorn Squash Bowls with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Olives with Orange and Fennel 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tilapia with Lemon Butter Sauce... 0/5 (0 Votes)