Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole
Quick and easy salsa verde chicken casserole is a perfect weeknight meal. Serve with a side of sour cream, extra salsa and some tortilla chips.
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup sour cream, 8 ounces
- 1 1/2 cups salsa verde, divided
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, 8 ounces
- Optional toppings: avocado slices, thinly sliced green onions or fresh cilantro leaves
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Combine the chicken, sour cream and 3/4 cup salsa in a small bowl. Spread 1/4 cup salsa on the bottom of a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
Layer with half of the tortillas and chicken mixture; sprinkle with the tomatoes, minced cilantro and half of the cheese. Repeat layers with remaining tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese.
Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with remaining salsa and, if desired, optional toppings.
Yield: 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Hawaiian BBQ Turkey Flatbread Pizza 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Lighter Chicken Parmesan 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Santa Fe Baked Chicken Recipe 4.1/5 (48 Votes)
- Honey Balsamic Chicken with Green... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken Tetrazzini with Zucchini... 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Cornbread Chili Casserole 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Nachos 3.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken Enchilada Bake 4.5/5 (11 Votes)