Zesty Couscous Salad
- 1 package (10 oz.) NEAR EAST Couscous Original Plain
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Prepare Near East couscous according to package directions, except omit butter or olive oil and add black pepper with water.
In large bowl, combine prepared couscous, lemon juice and olive oil. Add tomatoes, zucchini, basil and green onions. Chill 4 hours or overnight.
Stir in cheese just before serving. Serve over lettuce, if desired.