Jalapeño Corn Muffins
Whip up crumbly, golden corn muffins in minutes with this recipe that uses boxed mix as a base, and enhances it with smooth Greek yogurt (instead of milk), scallions and chopped jalapeño pepper.
- 2 box(es) (8.5 oz each) corn muffin mix (we used Jiffy)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup(s) nonfat Greek yogurt or lowfat sour cream
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 large jalapeño pepper (seeded for less heat, if desired), finely chopped
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from delish.com
1) Heat oven to 400ºF. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with liners.
2) Prepare the muffin mix according to package directions, omitting the milk and using only the eggs and yogurt. Mix in the scallions and jalapeño.
3) Divide the batter among the muffin cups and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 15 to 18 minutes.