Red Velvet Cookie Cake
- For the cookie:
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- For the Frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon heavy whipping cream, optional
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9” cake pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
Using a stand or a hand mixer, beat butter until smooth. Add cake mix, eggs, and vanilla extract and beat until dough forms and no lumps remain. Stir in white chocolate chips.
Press cookie dough into prepared pan. Bake for 23-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out with just a hint of red. Cool completely before removing from pan.
Make the frosting: beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar and mix until the frosting comes together. Mix in vanilla and heavy cream. The cream is optional, but gives a great richness to your frosting.
Pipe frosting onto cookie using a round or 1M tip. Sprinkle with colored sprinkles.
This cookie is very thick. You can use a 10” round pan or use 2-9” pans for a thinner cookie.