Orange Ricotta Chocolate Chip Muffins
- For the glaze:
- 2cups2 cups all-purpose Gold Medal flour
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1cup1 cup granulated sugar
- ZestZest of 1 orange
- 1/2cup1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1cup1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1large1 large egg
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1cup1 cup chocolate chips
- 1cup1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
Adapted from twopeasandtheirpod.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a small bowl, add the sugar and orange zest. Rub the orange zest and sugar together with your fingers.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar and orange zest mixture together until light and fluffy, about two minutes. Add the ricotta cheese and beat until smooth. Beat in the egg, orange juice, and vanilla extract.
4. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips. Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups.
5. Bake muffins for about 18-20 minutes, or until the tops are slightly golden brown. Let muffins cool completely.
6. While the muffins are cooking, make the glaze. In a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, orange zest, and orange juice. Drizzle glaze over muffins. Let the muffins sit until glaze hardens.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (704 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)