Heavenly Surprise Mini Cupcakes
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Preparation time 35mins
1. For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and salt; mix well. Stir in the coconut, walnuts and chocolate chips. Set aside.
2. For batter, in a large bowl, beat the sugar, water, oil, eggs, vanilla and vinegar until well blended. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into oil mixture until blended.
3. Fill paper-lined miniature muffin cups one-third full with batter. Drop filling by teaspoonfuls into center of each. Top with additional batter, filling muffin cups three-fourths full.
4. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
5. For frosting, in a small saucepan, melt chocolate with cream over low heat; stir until blended. Remove from the heat. Cool to room temperature. Frost cupcakes. Refrigerate leftovers.Yield: 6 dozen.
Note: Cupcakes may also be baked in 30 paper-lined muffin cups for 20-25 minutes.