The Easiest Kid-Pleasing Lasagna Ever
- 1 jar (26-28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano (do not drain)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 ounce fresh Parmesan cheese, grated (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 carton (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine spaghetti sauce, untrained tomatoes and water. Set aside.
Grate Parmesan cheese and snip parsley. Set aside.
Beat egg and add ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and parsley and mix well.
To assemble lasagna, spread 1 1/2 cups of the sauce over the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan. Arrange 5 of the uncooked noodles Ina single layer over the sauce by placing 4 lengthwise and 1 crosswise to cover the bottom of the pan. (Break off and discard end of noodles, if necessary so noodles will fit flat in the pan.). Press noodles into sauce.
Spread all of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles. Sprinkle with half (1 1/2 cups) of the mozzarella cheese. Top with 1 1/2 cups of the sauce and the remaining 5 uncooked noodles. Press noodles into sauce. Spread remaining sauce over noodles. Cover pan with foil. ( At this point, lasagna can be refrigerated for several hours or overnight.)
Bake 45 minutes (55 minutes if lasagna was refrigerated) or until noodles are tender. Remove pan from over and carefully uncover and sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese. Cover loosely with foil; let stand 15 minutes. Cut into squares.