Grab-n-Go Energy Bars
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsalted raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins, or dried fruit of choice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, or nut of choice
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped, or dried fruit of choice
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from chefcatolog.com
Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with vegetable oil or nonstick spray.
In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, banana, oats, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, powdered milk, dates, dried fruit, nuts, wheat germ, maple syrup, and flour. Mix until thoroughly combined. Press into prepared baking dish, smoothing into an even thickness.
Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove and cool in baking dish until cool. Cut into bars and store in an airtight container with wax paper or parchment paper between the bars to prevent sticking. Makes 9 large bars.