Unstuffed cabbage roll dinner
This recipes cuts the time of baking cabbage rolls and it tastes just as good!"
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can low-sodium beef broth
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup instant white rice
- 2 cups coarsely shredded green cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups tomato-vegetable juice cocktail
Crumble the ground beef into a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, an d season with garlic powder and pepper; cook and stir until the beef is evenly browned. Drain off the excess grease.
Pour the beef broth and onion soup mix into the skillet with the beef, and stir to blend. Bring to a boil, then add the rice, cabbage and vegetable juice cocktail. Stir together, then cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.