Vegetable Broth - Dr. OZ 2 wk Weight Loss Diet
- 3 qt water
- 1 lg onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup winter squash, cut into large cubes
- 1 cup root vegetables: any of the following (turnips, parsnips, rutabagas for sweetness)
- 2 cups chopped greens (collard, chard, dandelion)
- 2 celery stalks
- 1/2 cup cabbage
- 4 1/2 in slices fresh ginger
- 2 cloves whole garlic (not chopped or crushed)
- Sea salt, to taste
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from do
1. Add all ingredients at once and place on low boil for apron. 60 minutes. May take a little longer. Simply continue to boil to taste.
2. Cool, strain (throw out the cooked vegetables), and store in a large, tightly-sealed glass container in the fridge.
3. Heat gently and drink up to 3-4 cups a day.