- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose_flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking_powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) packed brown_sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) each vegetable_oil and milk
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) grated (unpeeled) zucchini
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup choclate chips
In bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
In separate bowl, whisk together egg, brown sugar, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla. Stir in zucchini, and walnuts (if using). Pour over dry ingredients; stir just until combined. Scrape into greased 8- x 4-inch (1.5 L) loaf pan.
Bake in centre of 350°F (180°C) oven for 1 hour or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Turn out onto rack; let cool completely.