Chili Dog Boats
Hot snacks ready in 30 minutes! Enjoy these appetizers made using hot dogs and Pillsbury® Grands!® Jr. Golden Layers® refrigerated biscuits.
prep time 15 min
total time 30 min
- 1 can (12 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Jr. Golden Layers® refrigerated biscuits
- 10 cocktail-size hot dogs
- 1/3 cup chili without beans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion (1/2 medium)
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (1 oz)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
1 Heat oven to 400°F. Separate dough into 10 biscuits; press or roll each into 4-inch round. Place hot dog in center of each biscuit round. Top each with about 1 teaspoon each of chili, onion and cheese.
2 Bring sides of dough up to center, forming half circles that stand up. Brush edges of dough with water; pinch edges tightly to seal (as dough bakes, edges will open forming a boat shape). Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
3 In small bowl with fork, beat egg; stir in mustard. Brush mixture over top and sides of each filled biscuit.
4 Bake 9 to 13 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet; serve warm or cool.