Squidgy chocolate & pomegranate torte
(You will find thing's you do not find here, there) Follow or friend me on Facebook for even more recipe's,etc: https://www.facebook.com/carilynn71 ♥Delish Dish♥ at Facebook Groups https://www.facebook.com/groups/Creates/ ♥Delish Dish♥ at Tumblr http://delishdishs.tumblr.com/
- 225 g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 250 g dark chocolate (70% cocoa), broken into squares
- 5 large eggs
- 225 g light muscovado sugar, squished through your fingers to remove any lumps
- 85 g ground almonds
- 50 g plain flour, plus an extra 1 tbsp
- For the topping
- 150 ml double cream
- 100 g bar dark chocolate (70% cocoa), roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- handful pomegranate seeds
Adapted from facebook.com
Generously grease a 23cm springform tin, then line the base with parchment. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Put the butter and chocolate in a medium bowl and gently melt together, either over a pan of simmering water or in the microwave. Stir until smooth, then set aside.
Crack the eggs into a large bowl, add the sugar, then whisk for 5-8 mins with electric hand beaters until thick, mousse-like and doubled in volume. Pour the chocolate mix around the edge of the bowl, then fold together using a large metal spoon until the batter is evenly brown with the odd ribbon of chocolate appearing. Don’t rush this bit, it’s important to preserve the bubbles you’ve so carefully made.
Sift over the almonds, flour and ¼ tsp salt, then fold in until even. Slowly pour the batter into the tin, then use a spatula to get every last bit from the bowl. Bake on a middle shelf for 30-35 mins, or until the cake is risen and set on top. Cool the cake in its tin on a rack. The torte may sink and crack a little, which is fine.
For the topping, bring the cream to the boil. Put the chocolate in a bowl with the icing sugar, then tip the hot cream over it. Leave for a few mins, stir until smooth, then let it cool and thicken for 10 mins. Carefully remove the torte from its tin onto a plate, then spread the icing over the top, letting it drip down the sides. Leave to set for a few mins, then scatter with the pomegranate seeds and either chill for a few hours, or serve straight away.
You'll also love
- Pears & Camembert 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Hickory Garlic Olive Tapenade 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Elderberry Pie 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Linguine with Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Buffalo Shrimp Grilled Cheese 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with... 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Seared Sea Scallops with... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- SQUID - Sambal Sotong (Squid... 3.9/5 (41 Votes)