Cheesy Baked Spinach Dip
Carla Hall (abc.com/thechew)
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium Yellow Onion; finely diced
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 3 cups Milk
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® dip mix
- 6 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Swiss Cheese; shredded - preferably Gruyere – divided
- 10 ounces Frozen Spinach; thawed and squeezed to remove excess liquid
- 6 Pitas; cut into wedges
- Crudité; to serve
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from abc.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Over medium heat, melt Butter with Olive Oil in a sauce pot. Add onions, season with salt and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until soft and pale golden. Sprinkle in the flour and stir until a dry paste forms.
Slowly whisk in milk, trying to avoid lumps. Stir in the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® dip mix and reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until thickened slightly.
Stir in the cream cheese and half of the swiss cheese until melted. Add the spinach and remove from heat.
Divide mixture between two small oven safe baking dishes. (This can be prepared a few days in advance and stored in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer)
Place the baking dishes on a rimmed sheet pan and top with the remaining Swiss Cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly on top.
You'll also love
- Julia Child's Beef Bourguignon 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Curried Lentil Salad With Capers &... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crockpot Chocolate Cherry Dessert 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Risotto with Caramelized Onions,... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Onion Pie 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken and Brown Rice... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE HOT DIP 4.5/5 (2 Votes)