Blueberry Cornmeal Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup low fat milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Preheat oven 400 and line muffin pan with paper liners.
Makes 12 muffins
1. In a bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
2. In another bowl, beat eggs. Stir in milk, melted butter and lemon zest. Combine with dry ingredients until just mixed. Gently fold in blueberries.
3. Spoon into prepared muffin cups so they are three-quarters full.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 24 minutes or until top is firm to the touch and lightly browned. Remove from pans and let muffins cool on rack.
You'll also love
- Katie Couric's Lemon Chicken 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Red Curry-Glazed Salmon 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemon Butter Salmon 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled Romaine with Marinated... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Turkey-Cranberry wreath 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Seared Scallops in Garlic Butter 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Bob Evans Sausage Cranberry... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- 2013 Strawberry Corn Salsa 5/5 (1 Votes)