Sticky Soy-Hoisin Chicken Thighs
This recipe was sent into Test Kitchen for Cooking Light by Matisse Reid, a 12 year od boy who loves to cook.
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 dash black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Cooking spray
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from www
1. Combine first six ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal, and turn to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
3. Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade. Combine marinade and cornstarch in a medium saucepan, stirring with a whisk. Bring marinade mixture to a boil over medium heat; cook 3 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring occasionally.
4. Place chicken on a wire rack coated with cooking spray. Place rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 450 for 15 minutes. Brush 1/2 cup marinade over chicken. Bake additional 15 minutes or until chicken is done. Place chicken in a large bowl. Add remaining marinade mixture; toss well to thoroughly coat chicken.
Note: for added flavor can be cooked on a grill outdoors and finished in the oven.