Slow Cooker Applesauce
- 8 medium apples (Use a combination of Golden Delicious, Honey Crisp, Fuji, Gala, etc.) (I filled the crockpot, using about 20 small apples)
- 1 strips of lemon peel - use a vegetable peeler
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 inch cinnamon stick
- 5 tsp light brown sugar (unpacked) - or agave
1. Peel, core and chop the apples.
2. Add the sugar, lemon peel, lemon juice and cinnamon stick.
3. Set crock pot to low and cook for 6 hours. Stir apples occasionally, apples will slowly become a delicious applesauce. Remove cinnamon stick and use an immersion blender to blend until smooth or if you prefer a chunky sauce, leave sauce intact. (I used a whisk, which gave the sauce a nice chunky consistency.)
4. Can and process as you would other recipes or keep refrigerated up to 3 weeks.