Cran-Almond Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 * 2 cups unbleached, all purpose flour
- 1 * 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 * 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 * 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 * 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 * 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (or 1 stick of butter flavored Crisco)
- 1 * 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar (or 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar Splenda)
- 1/2 * 1/2 cup granulated sugar or Splenda
- 2 * 2 eggs
- 1 * 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 * 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 * 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 * 1/2 cup dried cranberries
Adapted from seekatcook.wordpress.com
1. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg
2. Place butter in mixer bowl. Set to speed 4 and beat until creamy. Increase to speed 6 and beat in brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, then vanilla. Reduce speed to stir and mix in flour mixture in 3 additions. Mix in almonds, cranberries and oats until evenly incorporated.
3. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes in preheated oven (350 degrees). Cool 5 minutes on sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Cook’s Note: If you go lower cal and use Brown Sugar Splenda, your dough will be a bit more moist, so you’ll need to bake for 12-14 minutes. Also, you’ll want to do a criss cross flatten with the tines of a fork (like peanut butter cookies), as they don’t tend to melt and flatten as they cook.
Review this recipe