Makes two pizzas.
- 8 oz. hot Italian sausages, casings removed.
- 6 plum tomatoes, about 1 lb. thinly sliced crosswise, divided
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced into 12 pieces, divided
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, divided
- 4 T. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp. pepper divided
Prepare Pizza Dough for grilling. While grill is heating, in a no stick skillet over medium-high heat cook sausage, stirring and breaking up, 3-4 minutes; remove. Grill dough on one side and flip to side with no direct heat. Brush top of ungrilled side of dough with 1/2T. oil, then 1/2 cup sauce. Top with sliced tomatoes, 6 slices mozzarella, 1/2 cup sausage, 1/4 cup basil, 2 T. Parmesan, salt and pepper. Cover, cook until cheese is melted and dough is crisp, 6-8 minutes, remove and repeat with second pizza.