New England Clam Chowder
Recipe from Just Seafood Recipes
- 4 Slices of bacon or salt pork
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, diced
- 2 cans minced clams with liquid (6 oz each)
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- 1 cup Half-Half
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
In a large heavy saucepan or skillet, saute bacon or pork until brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels. Dice or crumble. In same skillet saute chopped onions and potatoes for a couple of minutes. Sprinkle with flour.
Add clam juice from cans and from bottle. Stir to combine. Bring to boil. Simmer, stirring from time to time, until potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes. Add half-and-half and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add minced clams. Heat until simmering. Do not boil. Sprinkle with parsley and bacon. Serve.