Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 1 (5 lb.) corned beef brisket
- 2 Tbsp. pickling spice
- 1 large orange, sliced in rounds
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 6 Tbsp. margarine, melted
- 1 large head cabbage, cored and sliced
- 1 cup golden delicious apples, cored and quartered with peel
- 1/4 cup cold water
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line a 9x13 roasting pan with foil, leaving enough extra extending over the sides to cover and seal in the roast.
Rinse the brisket, and pat dry. Rub with pickling spice, and place in the prepared roasting pan. Arrange celery, orange and onion slices on and around the roast. Pur in 1/2 cup water and wrap aluminum foil up over the roast tightly, making sure the ends are sealed.
Bake for about 4 hours in the preheated over, or until meat is tender.
About 45 mkinutes before the roasts time is up, heat 3 Tbsp. of margarine and 1/4 cup of water in a large pot. Add cabbage and appels, cover, and simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes. Occasionally shake the pot so that nothing sticks to the bottom. Serve with remaining margarine and sliced corned beef.
You'll also love
- Spicy Apple-Glazed Chick -n-Grits... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- strawberry shortcake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken, Carmelized Onions and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Potatoes with Sausage and... 1/5 (1 Votes)
- Veal Medallions with Tomato... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Old-fashioned beef stew 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mexican Corn Relish Calabacita 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet 'n' Spicy Roasted Corn 0/5 (0 Votes)