Blueberry Lemon Whoopie Pies
- For the Cookies:
- 1 1/2 c Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 5 TBS unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 c granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 c milk
- 3/4 c blueberries
- For the Filling:
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 TBS unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 c confectioners sugar
1. Position racks in the center and lower third of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees. Make the cookies: Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl. Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla on medium high speed in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the egg until combined, scraping down the bowl. Reduce the mixer speed to low and beat in the flour mixture and milk in 3 alternating batches. Fold in the blueberries with a rubber spatula.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, coat with cooking spray. Arrange mounds of batter, about 2 TBS each, 2 inches apart; smooth the tops with a damp finger. Chill until firm, 30 minutes.
3. Bake the cookies until lightly golden brown, rotating the pans halfway through, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
4. Make the filling: Beat the cream cheese, butter, lemon zest and juice, vanilla and salt with a mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in the confectioners sugar on low speed until combined.
5. Assemble the whoopie pies: Spread 2 TBS of filling on the flat side of 6 cookies and sandwich with the remaining coodkies. serve immediately or refrigerate , covered overnight.
You'll also love
- Spicy Italian Sausage and Black... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raisin Sauce for Ham 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PA Dutch Sour Cream Raisin Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rasberry Pie (quick) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Angel Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Citrus Beurre Blanc 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sparkling White Cranberry Punch 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Cobia or Lemon Fish with... 5/5 (2 Votes)