Baked Crepes with Mushrooms, Spinach and Gruyere
Note: Different brands of crepes in the grocery store might be thicker than others. If the kind you buy seems too thin, stack two together before filling and folding.
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 10 oz. cremini or white mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tbsp dry sherry
- 1 10oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere (about 1 1/2 oz.)
- 4 9inch pre-made crepes
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until golden, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and thyme; saute' 1 minute longer. Season with salt and pepper. Add sherry; cook until almost evaporated, about 30 seconds. Stir in spinach. Remove from heat.
2. Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. butter in a small heavy soucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour to form a paste and continue to cook, whisking, for 1 minute. Gradually add milk, whisking constantly, and bring to a simmer. Cook until sauce has slightly thickened, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat; season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Whisk in half of Gruyere.
3. Stir 1/2 cup of sauce into mushroom mixture. Place 1 crepe on a work surface; arrange 1/4 of filling (a scant 1/3 cup) over half of crepe. Fold unfilled side over filled side; fold in half again (it will look like a triangle). Repeat with remaining crepes and filling.
4. Coat a shallow 7 x 11 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange crepes in baking dish, overlapping slightly. Cover crepes with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining Gruyere. Bake on top rack until bubbling and golden, about 12 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
266 cal. per serving.
You'll also love
- 50 Things to Make With Pasta Sauce 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Hamburger and Mashed Potato... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Black Forest Pound Cake with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Skinny Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Salad: Kale Salad with Grapes and... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- CRAB, SHRIMP, AND MUSHROOM DIP 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Berries and spinach salad.... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Spinach Souffle Stuffed Mushrooms 4/5 (1 Votes)