Maple-Nut Cookies with Maple Icing
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavor
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granluated sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon maple flavor
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. In 8-inch spuare pan, bake pecans 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light brown. Spread nuts on cutting board; cool 5 minutes. finely chop
2. In large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar with electric mixer on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until fluffy. Beat in 1/2 teaspoon maple flavor and the egg until well blended. Stir in flour and chopped toasted pecans.
3. shape dough into 1-inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Flatten in cresscross pattern with fork dipped in granulated sugar.
4. Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
5. in small bowl, mix icing ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cookies.