- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 c. chopped onion
- 1 can (16 oz. ) refried beans
- 1 can (16 oz.) mild chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) mexican stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1 c. salsa
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 1 t. dried oregano
- 1 t. ground cumin
- 1/4 t. garlic powder
- 1 1/4 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/4 c. shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 c. cottage cheese
- 1 1/4 sour cream, divided
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, salsa, chilies and seasonings.
2. In a large bowl, combine Monterey Jack and mozzarella cheeses; set aside 1 cup. Stir cottage cheese and 3/4 c. sour cream into remaining cheese mixture.
3. Spread 1 c. of meat sauce into a greased 13x9 baking dish. Layer with 3 noodles, and a third of the cottage cheese mixture and the meat sauce. Repeat the layers twice. (dish will be full).
4. Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour. Uncover; spread with remaining sour cream. Sprinkle with the reserved cheeses. Bake 10-12 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 20 minutes before serving.