Blueberry Banana Granola Bars
This is a great granola bar recipe. You can use different dried fruits and nuts to adjust the flavors. It is a perfect recipe to make over the weekend, and package to take in your lunch or for a snack during the week.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups of flake cereal (preferrably bran flakes or kashi flakes), crushed
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, or nut of choice
- 1/2 cup dried banana chips
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Break the banana chips into small pieces and set aside.
Heat the honey and brown sugar in a large skillet and simmer for 1 minute. Over cooking will make the bars brittle. Removed the pan from the heat and stir in the peanut butter. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
Coat the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square pan with vegetable oil or nonstick spray. Scoop the mixture into the pan and pack down evenly. Freeze for 30 minutes. Transfer the contents of the pan to a cutting board. Allow to come to room temperature and cut into 9 bars.
Can keep in freezer for 3 months.
You'll also love
- Baked Potato Soup 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Gluten-Free Carrot Crumble Cake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Gluten-Free Lemon Cupcakes with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Little Lemon & Poppy Seed Cakes 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Blackberry Lemonade 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- The Original Roasted Raspberry... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Fiery Sweet Peach Salsa 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store's... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)