The "I Dare You" Chickpea-Peanut-Butter-and-Honey-Dark-Chocolate-Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups chickpeas (I had some soaked and cooked in the fridge, but canned will do – just dry ‘em off first, sandwiched between a couple paper towels)
- a heaping 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup honey
- a drizzle of olive oil (about 2 tbs)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch or two of salt
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
Adapted from thehairpin.com
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper & spray with olive oil.
2. Measure out your chickpeas, and make sure to dry them off first on paper towels.
3. Puree in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Scrape down the edges, and pulse again a few times until the "dough" is completely smooth.
4. Add all the remaining ingredients (except the dark chocolate chips). Puree!
5. Pour the cookie dough into a bowl, and add in the chocolate chips. The dough will be super sticky. Don’t worry, keep going…
6. Scoop out heaping spoonfuls of dough and drop them onto the parchment. (You can also form the dough into balls with wet hands, but I found this got too messy for me.)
7. Bake for about 13 minutes. Eat them warm! Or cold! I love them either way.