Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake
- 2 (48oz) containers strawberry ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 (6in.) store bought cheesecake room temperature
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and cut into pieces
- juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Set ice cream out to soften for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile mix graham cracker crumbs, butter, and 1/4 cup sugar. Press mixture over the bottom and partly up sides of a 9 inch spring form pan. Set aside.
2. When ice cream has softened cream with a wooden spoon until soft but not melted. Break cheesecake into pieces and beat or fold into ice cream. Pour mixture into pan and smooth the top. Put in freezer to set.
3. Combine strawberries, remaining 2 tbsp sugar and lemon juice into a non reactive saucepan. Warm over medium heat, 3-5 minutes. Chill.
4. To serve remove sides of spring form pan and place cheesecake on plate. Top with strawberries.