Triple Lemon Pie
Lemon peel, lemon juice, and lemon extract give this citrus pie its tart yet tasty flavor.
- 1 9 inch unbaked piecrust
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pure lemon extract
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Lemon slices (optional)
- Raspberries (optional)
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from recipe.com
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Use a pastry brush to brush 2 teaspoons melted butter over the bottom and sides of unbaked piecrust. Set aside.
2. For filling, in a large bowl, combine sugar and flour; set aside. In a medium bowl, beat eggs with a rotary beater, wire whisk or fork. Beat in sour cream until smooth. Beat, whisk or stir in lemon peel and juice, 1/4 cup melted butter, vanilla and lemon extract. Gradually add lemon mixture to sugar mixture; stir till well combined. Immediately pour lemon filling into the pastry-lined pie plate. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil. (Note: To protect the edges of the pie from overbrowning, fold a 12-inch square of foil into quarters. Cut a 7-inch circle out of the center. Unfold and loosely mold the foil over the pie's edge. Do this before you pour filling into piecrust. If filling sits in piecrust, this will make the piecrust soggy.)
3. Place pie on the center oven rack in the center. (Note: Do not use a baking sheet under the pie because it will affect the baking time.) Bake in a 375 degree F. oven for 35 to 45 minutes or till lightly golden brown. Center of pie should appear almost set when gently shaken (2 inches around edges of pie should be set).
4. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving. To serve, if you like, garnish pie with whipped cream, lemon slices and raspberries. Makes 8 to 10 servings.