7 Layer Dip
Fantastic party dip that's always a crowd pleaser.
- 1 * 1 pt sour cream (I use light)
- 1/2 * 1/2 pack taco seasoning
- 1 * 1 can black beans
- * black olives
- * green onions
- * shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 * 3 haas avocados
- * your favorite salsa (I like On The Border)
- * lemon juice
- * cumin
- * cilantro
- * lettuce (I prefer romaine)
Adapted from seekatcook.wordpress.com
1. Puree the black beans (drained) with cilantro and cumin to taste (1/2 tsp each?). Layer on bottom of dish.
2. For fresh guacamole pit and dice three avocados, add 1/3 to 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa, a splash of lemon juice, a pinch of salt and cilantro. Mash well. Layer over bean puree.
3. Mix 1/2 pack of taco seasoning with the pint of sour cream. Layer over guacamole.
4. Layer shredded lettuce, then green onions, then 1 small can of drained, sliced black olives, and top off with a healthy layer of shredded cheddar (I find medium works best).
Serve with tortilla chips.