Grilled Lamb Chops / Gorgonzola Butter
- Lamb chop marinade;
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 2 tbs minced garlic
- 4 tsp finely chopped rosemary or 2 tsp dried, crumbled
- coarse salt and freshly ground blk pepper
- 2 1/2 lbs rack of lamb, cut into 8 chops
- Gorgonzola Butter;
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tsp butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp minced shallots
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 oz. gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
in a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, shallots, garlic, and rosemary leaves. Season to taste with salt and Pepper. Place lamb chops in baking dish. Pour marinade over the chops, turning to coat both sides. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hrs. or overnight.
Prepare gorgonzola butter;
In a small frying pan over medium heat, melt 1 tsp butter. Add shallots and garlic; sauté 1 min.. Remove from heat and set aside.
Using a electric mixer, beat remaining 1/2 cup butter and gorgonzola cheese until fluffy. Add shallot mixture, olive oil, and lemon juice; beat until well blended.
On a large piece of plastic wrap, make butter mixture into a 1 inc. wide cylinder log; wrap plastic wrap around the butter. Refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours.
Preheat bbq or oven broilers. Grill or broil lamb chops to desired doneness approximately 2 to 3 min. per side for med-rare and an internal thermometer registers 125%F.. (use a meat thermometer to test for doneness) Remove from grill or broiler and transfer to individual serving plates.
Remove gorgonzola butter from refrigerator and cut into 1/2 inch wide slices. Place one butter slice of each cooked lamb chop.
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato Hummus 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cookies with Frosting 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Ragout of Pork and Prunes 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin, Brown Sugar and... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Pomegranate-Merlot Braised Lamb... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Mint and Cumin–Spiced Lamb Chops 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Lamb Chop Teriyaki 4.5/5 (2 Votes)