Slow-Cooker Hoisin Beef Stew
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 lbs beef round steak, cubed or 1 1/2 lbs beef chuck stew meat
- 2 yellow onions, cut in large dice
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 380mins
Adapted from food.com
1 The night before, whisk together the broth, hoisin, hot sauce, garlic and ginger.
2 Add the beef, onions, carrots and celery. Toss to coat well.
3 Cover and refrigerate overnight.
4 In the morning, transfer meat mixture into the slow cooker.
5 Cover and cook on a low setting 6-8 hours (or on high setting 3 hours).