Italian Restaurant Chicken
- 1 fryer chicken cut up and skin removed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 14 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- /2 cup dry red wine or chicken broth
- 1 can (28 0z) crushed tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 cup fresh minced basil
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 85mins
Sprinkle Chicken with salt and pepper. In an ovenproof dutch oven, brown chicken in oil in batches. Remove and keep warm.
In the same pan, saute the onion, celery, carrot and garlic in pan drippings until tender. Add wine, stirring to loosed browned bits from pan. Stir in the tomatoes, bay leaf, rosemary and chicken; bring to a boil.
Cover and bake at 325 for 50 -60 minutes or until chicken is tender. Discard bay leaf; sprinkle with basil.