- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/3-inch-wide strips
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeño
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup purchased pesto
- 12 ounces linguine
- Additional chopped fresh cilantro
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Linguine-with-Chicken-and-Spicy-Pesto-Sauce-2282#ixzz1VZoQ6RLz
Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and sauté until cooked through and beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer chicken to bowl. Add green onions, 1/3 cup cilantro, pecans, garlic, jalapeño and dried red pepper to same skillet. Sauté until green onions wilt, about 2 minutes. Add pesto, chicken and any accumulated juices; stir to blend. Remove from heat.
Meanwhile, cook linguine in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
Bring sauce to simmer. Add linguine and reserved cooking liquid to sauce and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to large bowl. Sprinkle with additional cilantro. Serve, passing Parmesan separately.
Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Linguine-with-Chicken-and-Spicy-Pesto-Sauce-2282#ixzz1VZoYmw60