- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut diagonally into thirds
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
Adapted from hotdinnerhappyhome.blogspot.com
Cook asparagus in a large pot or frying pan of boiling water till crisp-tender, about 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse asparagus under cold water. Drain well.
Heat vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and stir 1 minute. Add asparagus and sauté till heated through, about 2 minutes. Add soy sauce and sesame oil. Toss till asparagus and bell pepper are coated. Transfer to platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
* To toast sesame seeds, place them in a toaster oven on a metal pan and toast 1-2 cycles, till lightly browned and popping. Alternatively, place in a frying pan over medium heat and cook, stirring, till lightly browned and popping.