Salsa Cruda - Womans Day
- 1 1/2 pound(s) (3 large) ripe red tomatoes, finely diced (3 cups)
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped cilantro, including some stems
- 1/2 cup(s) finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup(s) lime juice
- 2 (about 2 teaspoons) serrano peppers, with some seeds, seeded and minced, or 2
- tablespoons minced jalapeño peppers
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl.
Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors. If you have the time, finely dice the tomatoes and onions.
Otherwise they can be finely chopped (don't purée them) in a food processor.
This sauce is good for dipping and for spooning on eggs, grilled meats, almost anything.