Parmesan Herb Bread Sticks
- 1 packet Fleischmann's Pizza Crust Yeast
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
Adapted from theslowroasteditalian.com
Preheat oven to 425°.
In a small bowl combine olive oil, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, parsley and oregano. Mix with fork until a thick paste forms. Set aside.
In the bowl of your stand mixer with the dough hook attachment, combine the yeast, flour, Parmesan cheese, sugar, salt, water and vegetable oil. Mix on low speed until a slightly sticky dough forms.
Lightly sprinkle flour onto a flat surface. Remove the dough ball and knead for 4 minutes adding more flour as necessary.
Roll out the dough to fit your baking sheet.
Pour olive oil paste mixture onto dough and spread evenly to edges. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut dough into slices (8-12 depending on the size you prefer).
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the dough has cooked and is lightly browned on the edges.