Breakfast Burrito with Salsa
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. frozen corn
- 1 tbsp. 1 percent milk
- 2 tbsp. diced green peppers
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 1 tbsp. diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce to taste
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup canned salsa
- Dash of salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a large mixing bowl, blend the eggs, corn, milk, green peppers, onions, tomatoes, mustard, garlic, hot pepper sauce, and salt for one minute until eggs are smooth.
2. Pour egg mixture into a lightly oiled 9-9-by-2-inch baking dish and cover with foil.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until eggs are set and thoroughly cooked.
4. Wrap tortillas in plastic and microwave for 20 seconds until warm. Be careful when unwrapping the tortillas. The steam can be hot.
5. Cut baked egg mixture into four equal pieces and roll one piece of cooked egg in each tortilla.
6. Serve each burrito topped with 2 tbsp. of salsa.
A few minutes before eggs are set, I sprinke top with shredded cheese and continue to bake.