Lamb and Olives Pie (fatayer)
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Lamb and olives pies (fatayer) Recipe. Enjoy Dough and Bakery recipes and learn how to make Lamb and olives pies (fatayer).
- For filling*
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Red onion, chopped
- 1/2 Cup spring onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 Kilo (pre-cooked) minced lamb
- 1 Cup green olives, sliced
- 1/2 Cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 Cup walnut, chopped
- 3 Tbs pomegranates syrup
- For dough*
- 2 2/3 Cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbs yeast
- 1 tsp milk powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Cup warm water
- Egg whites, for brushing, beaten
Adapted from homemade-recipes.blogspot.com
- For filling:
- Heat oil in a sauce pan over medium heat, stir red and spring onion for 5 minutes, season with salt and pepper, leave for 3 more minutes or until golden brown. Keep aside to cool.
- Blend onion mixture with minced lamb, add remaining filling ingredients, stir until well combined.
- For the dough:
- Mix flours, yeast, milk powder, sugar and salt in an electric mixer on low speed until combined.
- Add water gradually to the mixture; beat on a medium speed until consistent dough is obtained.
- Place in a greased bowl, cover and leave to rise for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface with thickness not more than 1 cm, then cut into 10 cm circles.
- Place a tablespoon of the lamb mixture on one side of the circle and fold over the dough to make a half-circle. Pinch the edges of the dough together to seal.
- Place in an oven tray, leave to rise for another 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200° C.
- Brush pies with egg whites, and bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
You'll also love
- Summer Squash & White Bean Sauté 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Mushrooms 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Beef Vegetable Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Scallop Chowder with Bacon 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Minced Mutton/Mutton Keema Vada 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Artichoke Spinach Dip from Olive... 3.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Kjötsúpa (Icelandic Lamb Soup) 3.4/5 (18 Votes)